Friday, 31 July 2026

Delusional Self-Confidence Might Be My Best Trait

I fully support a healthy amount of delusion.

Not the “I’m never wrong” kind. More like the “I’ll figure it out” kind.

Half the things I’ve done in life started with me having absolutely no clue what I was doing. I just convinced myself I could learn along the way. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it was a complete disaster. Either way, I survived.

I think we underestimate how far confidence can take us. Not because confidence magically makes you good at something, but because it gets you to try in the first place.

If I waited until I felt completely qualified, fearless, or ready, I’d probably never do anything.

So yes, sometimes I gas myself up before I have proof.

Sometimes I apply anyway.

Sometimes I post anyway.

Sometimes I start the project anyway.

Maybe it’s a little delusional. But I’d rather bet on myself than talk myself out of every opportunity before I even begin.

A little delusional self-confidence has gotten me a lot farther than self-doubt ever has.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soooo

 Somehow I messed up my my background for the texts so everything is glitching and coming up weird! Hopefully I can get it fixed and updated...