Okay, so I finally made a blog.
I’ve been wanting a little corner of the internet that actually feels like mine for a while. Somewhere I can write things down, keep memories, share random thoughts, and have a place to look back on this part of my life later.
Because honestly, life right now is kind of strange.
I’m at that point where everything is changing at once. I’m starting my last year of community college, trying to figure out what comes after, and slowly realizing that nobody really has adulthood completely figured out. Everyone acts like they have some perfect plan, but most people are just taking things one step at a time and hoping they’re making good decisions.
I think that’s something I’m learning right now — life doesn’t always happen in a straight line.
There are so many little moments that make up who we are. The random conversations you never forget, the songs you play over and over, the shows you get attached to, the outfits that make you feel confident, the places you go, the people who come and go, and even the moments where you feel completely confused.
Usually, those things just disappear. They get buried in a camera roll, forgotten in old messages, or lost somewhere in your memories.
I don’t want that.
I wanted a place where I could actually keep track of this era of my life. Not just the “perfect” moments, but the real ones too. The random thoughts, the opinions, the things I’m learning, the things I’m obsessed with, and everything in between.
This website is basically my little digital scrapbook. A mix between an old-school internet diary and a personal magazine.
You’ll probably find a little bit of everything here: life updates, photos, fashion and beauty thoughts, media reviews, advice columns, quizzes, and whatever else I feel like sharing. Some posts might be serious, some might be completely random, but that’s kind of the point.
I miss when the internet felt more personal. When people had their own websites, blogs, layouts, playlists, and little spaces that showed who they were. Everything feels so polished now, and sometimes it’s nice to have something that feels real.
So this is my attempt at bringing a little bit of that back.
I have no idea what this blog will become or where it’ll take me, but I think that’s what makes it interesting. Maybe years from now I’ll come back here and laugh at my old posts. Maybe I’ll be surprised by how much I’ve changed. Maybe I’ll miss the person writing this right now.
Either way, I’ll have the memories saved.
Welcome to the archive.
Xoxo, Riah

No comments:
Post a Comment